Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Facebook Experiment Part II...

Well, it came and went. As I expected, the turnout of Facebook birthday messages was significantly smaller than in past years. I did however, receive four messages and none of them were along the simple lines of "Happy birthday" or "hope it's a good one". 

The first was from an old high school friend who happened to share the same birthday with me and the only Facebook contact we have with each other is on our birthday. The tradition continued.

The second one came from a friend here at Trent who did ask me when my birthday was, but after hearing about my Facebook experiment she elected to post anyways, which was nice of her. 

The last two came from friends of mine in Winnipeg. Whether they knew it was my birthday or they simply saw the messages from the others is tough to say. I'll hope for the former. Either way, it was still very nice of them to write to me, especially since each had a nice little message.

I did also receive a few nice emails from close friends and some phone calls, which was also quite nice.

Thank you everyone.

No comments: